Escape, run away from someone or something.
- Adam fled on hearing the voice of God
- Jacob fled from his brother Esau
- The Shunammite fled drought in Israel.
- Lot fled to the mountain.
- David fled from Saul.
- Elijah fled from Jezebel.
- Abraham fled to Egypt.
- Paul fled the city in one basket.
- Jesus as a child escaped the sword of Herod to Egypt.
NOT ALWAYS GET AWAY is synonymous with cowardice, prudence brings escape.
Ex: All of the above fled not out of cowardice more prudently.
But the question is: flee or not escape?
Depends! There are times that we must face, and has hours that we have to flee.
- The appearance of evil, flee or not escape? Flee!
Ex: Joseph in Egypt was victorious because he fled. (Gn.39.12-13)
- The devil flee or not escape? No!
Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)